- Compatible with drop bar levers and short pull mountain bike levers
- Modeled after the popular Mafac Tandem cantilever
- Sealed pivot system with adjustable spring tension and Kool Stop pads
- Recommended for standard pull (not linear pull) brake levers
- Made in USA
Pro Semi-Metallic pads feature a lightweight aluminum backing plate attached to the same quiet and high-performance compound found on Jagwire's Sport Semi-Metallic series disc pads. Weight is reduced by nearly 50%. These pads are perfect for cross-country applications.
Light and smooth, Avid's FR-5 Brake Levers deliver excellent speed control and a great feel. They're compatible with linear-pull and mechanical-disc brakes. And, they also feature adjustable reach and are made to bend not break in the event of a crash. This ambidextrous lever can be used as a front or rear, too.
- Reversible 6061 aluminum arms for left or right cable routing
- Quick-release noodle is lined with Teflon for smooth action
- High tension square wire springs
- Thinline threaded pads with easy-to-adjust arm hardware
- Made in USA
No matter how difficult the trail terrain, Magura's 4-piston technology and novel new ergonomics in the brake lever give you a performance package which will fill you with confidence. The MT5 is also perfect for S-Pedelecs. The aluminium, two-finger brake levers are ergonomically perfect for your hands, allowing you to easily and accurately apply the braking power you need, even during long braking actions. Their use of Carbotecture technology in the brake handle housing keeps the MT5's weight down to a minimum and provides optimal braking performance.
- An evolution of the MT line, the MT NEXT lineage of brakes is the next generation of braking performance
- Carbotecture Body which is a proprietary carbon weave that is nearly twice as strong as carbon laminates, aluminum or magnesium
- Carbotecture radial design master-cylinder/lever with 2-finger alloy lever blade and clamp with adjustable reach, flip/flop design, and EBT or Easy Bleed Technology port on reservoir
- Double Arch forged 4 piston monoblock caliper design that features anti-heat, anti-drag and anti-squeal and magnetiX brake pad system for easy pad replacement
- Full-hydraulic Magura Royal Blood mineral oil system with a 5-year leakproof warranty
- Includes flip/flop front or rear lever, 2000mm pre-bled tubing kit, 74mm post-mount caliper, MC/lever, alloy hardware, tubing shortening bits, and manual
Stiff, light and beautiful, Avid's Speed Dial 7 Brake Levers deliver excellent speed control and a great feel for your linear-pull or mechanical-disc brakes. And, they also feature adjustable reach for maximum hand comfort and are made to bend, not break, in the event of a crash. Plus, by turning Avid's Speed Dial knob, you can precisely tune the feel of your brakes any time without tools. This ambidextrous lever can be used as a front or rear lever, too.
Jagwire's Mountain Pro Inserts are the correct replacement pads for Jagwire's Mountain Pro brake shoes (sold separately). These pads feature Jagwire's tried-and-true compound for excellent stopping power and durability.
Kool-Stop's New V-Type 2 insert just got heavier with 1.5mm more pad material than the original V-Type insert. Still fits most Shimano Style V-Brake holders
- Water Grooves
- Dual Compound
- Rim Friendly
- Dual: A fusion of Kool-Stop's two finest compounds which will give superb braking in all weather conditions. This combination produces a more controlled smooth stop!
- Salmon: Kool-Stop's most famous Salmon compound is also one of our most aggressive compounds for extreme all weather conditions especially in the wet, but still superb in the dry.
- Triple: Kool-Stop's triple compound is their most aggressive compound combination for superb braking and controlled stopping in all weather conditions.
- Ceramic: This compound was designed for ceramic coated rims and is great in all weather conditions.
- Carbon 2: This compound works great on most carbon wheels and is designed to withstand those fast steep descents without a lot of pad wear.
- Black: Kool-Stop's standard compound which is great for all weather conditions, but designed for dry condition riding.
When you choose to ride, advancement means having a group that’s always ready. Apex 1 is that group. As a left lever for your Apex 1 setup, or paired for single speed adventures, the Apex mechanical brake lever features the same ErgoFit ergonomic design introduced on SRAM RED but delivered in a sleek, forged aluminum offer.
- ErgoFit design from SRAM RED improves grip and finger wrap
- Reach Adjust for a perfect fit
- Durable, forged aluminum lever blade with laser texture for a positive touch
• More stable brake performance in various conditions without a change in lever position
• High power and controllable braking for all MTB riding styles
• Smoother operation, subtle control with minimum free stroke
• Easy maintenance
• Easy adjustment
• Sleek, durable and clean master cylinder design with I-spec II
• Finned Ice Tech brake pads
• 140mm rotor additional
• Ceramic piston
Trying to get a little extra traction on shifters and brake levers has inspired home-brew mechanics to experiment with skateboard deck tape, hot glue, or slide on brake lever grips. Katie Compton actually went so far as to combine sand and superglue to ensure maximum grip in any conditions. While those solutions are pretty kick-ass, we try to make it a little easier with our Lever Grippies. Just stick ‘em on for more sticktion.
Fit for modern times. The updated SRAM Force brakeset pairs mechanical rim braking with our wireless Force eTap AXS group. The dual pivot design also accounts for wider road tires without compromising braking power.
- Dual pivot design increases braking power and enhances progressive feel
- Wider clearance for modern tires and wheelsets (up to 28c)
- Updated finish to match SRAM Force eTap AXS
- Includes SwissStop pads: Platinum Flash Pro pad (carbon rims) or BHP pad (aluminum rims)
- Pad type: Cartridge
- Reach: Standard
The CenterLine design provides a smooth, consistent, and quiet running braking surface. Rounded edges make for easier wheel installs and are UCI-compliant.
- Compatible with both road and mountain bike brakes
- Rounded edges are UCI-compliant and allow for easier wheel installs
- Hub interface: CenterLock
- Rotor Type: Centerline
Zipp's Tangente Cork Brake Pads are perfect for Zipp wheels with carbon braking surfaces. They are made of a composite cork polymer for consistent brake response and to reduce glazing from the intense heat caused by braking on carbon. As a result, the Tangente cork pads avoid the brake pulsation produced by residue buildup from rubber pads and can even eliminate pulsation from rims with previous buildup. These pads have a unique shape with more material in the front to improve durability and shed water. Although the composite material wears similarly to low-temperature rubber compounds, the Tangente cork pads last longer than most rubber carbon-specific pads because of the shape and 0.5 mm greater overall thickness.
• Rigid CNC'd one piece caliper
• Increased piston diameter
• Tech 3 lever offers 5% more power compared to our previous lever
• Ergonomic design to fit around other handle bar items
• The Tech 3 lever is directly compatible with Shimano I-Spec shifters
This high-end version of the BB7 has a durable anodized finish and titanium hardware, as well as lighter brake pads.
- For use with short cable-pull levers
- Includes aluminum-backed organic pads
- For use with short cable-pull levers
- Caliper has 74mm mounting bolt spacing; mounting adaptors are sold separately
- Brake Caliper Type: Post Mount
- Brake Lever Actuation: Short Pull
- Hub/Disc Compatibility: 6-Bolt
- Rotor Included: No
- Weight: 184 g
SRAM's Force CX1 Hydraulic Brake and Brake Lever is descended from their top-end RED road group, representing SRAM's attempt at perfecting the interface between cyclocross rider and bike, and maximizing braking performance. Designed for a 1 x 11-speed setup, this left-side, hydraulic-brake-only carbon lever is simple and effective. The ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control and a better transition to the bar. For optimal feel, you can also set your lever reach to fit your hands thanks to Reach Adjust.
For aero disciplines, hydraulic disc brakes can reveal a whole new world of speed savings. Less time slowing down is more time going fast. Better brakes mean faster splits, thanks to confidence-inspiring brake performance.
- Optimized power and modulation for triathlon and time trial
- HydroT brake platform offers superior control, feel, and heat management
- Textured carbon brake lever for better finger grip
- Stealth-a-majig connector makes initial setup fast and convenient
- Bleeding Edge technology for quick, hassle-free bleeds
- Adjustable Reach: Yes
- Brake Caliper Type: Flat Mount
- Brake Lever Actuation: Hydraulic
- Front Hydraulic Hose Length: 950mm
- Rear Hydraulic Hose Length: 1800mm
- Adjustable Contact Point: No
- Hydraulic Fluid Type: DOT
- Rotor Included: No
- Pad Compound: Organic
Jagwire's Road Pro Inserts (Campagnolo) are a nice upgrade for Campagnolo sidepull brakes. They're made of Jagwire's Pro Series compound in three versions for excellent stopping power in all conditions and with aluminum and carbon rims. Choose from Friction Fit and Click Fit for Campagnolo regular and Skeleton brakes respectively.
• On the fly Bite Point Control and Reach adjustment
• Direct compatibility with Shimano I-Spec shifter
• Direct mount available for SRAM shifters
• New piston dust cover design
• New reservoir diaphragm design
• CNC machine in Barnoldswick, England
• 2014 T6 aluminum alloy
• Wide angle hose connector mount
• Floating or vented rotor compatible
• Goodridge braided hose
The World Tour teams trust the braking response of the Super Record brakes and dozens of Pro Continental and Continental teams turn to Record brakes to take on the World Tour champions.
To meet this requirement, Campagnolo designed the Record brakes with the same braking performance of the Super Record, so that the braking response is consistently decisive and immediate. The braking power is entrusted to the stiffness of the new structure, which is sealed and offers a strong aerodynamic impact, along with the Campagnolo brake block compound developed by the Campy Tech Lab in Vicenza. If necessary, it is easy for either the mechanic or the racing athlete to act on the cable tightener register.